Sunday, 19 April 2015

Teepee, Twigs & Almost Two // Photo Fun



There are so many ways to define what being a parent is. Lately I feel like if you can truly understand and fully appreciate the old saying that "the days are long but the years are short", then you must be a parent! And boy does that saying apply to the toddler years! Some of these long, exhausting days feel like years but then in an instant, another year has passed. In just a few days time my youngest, my darling little boy, will be 2 years old. Seriously, how & when did this happen? I honestly cannot believe that this sweet, mischievous dote will be the same age as his sister was when we first moved to Ireland. It's incredible how quickly the time passes. 



While visiting with my sister in RI last week, we had a free morning and took advantage of the time with a quick little photo shoot for Harry. A handmade "two" banner, a vintage quilt, red fabric ties, a page ripped out of an old bird book, hand sewn felt mushrooms and several tree branches created our backdrop.


How cute are those mushrooms though? The one with the buttons! They are even more adorable in real life. Would you believe my sister made them! She is so incredibly talented and I only wish I had her sewing skills! 

I was also slightly obsessed with this bird print. We ripped it out of an old book that my dad had picked up years ago called Traveling with the Birds, A Book on Migration by Rudyerd Boulton. While I can't say much for the text, the pictures, illustrated by Walter Alois Weber,  were so vibrant and colorful. 


After we'd set up the teepee, I walked Harry down to the spot, telling him we'd made him a special surprise. His eyes shone with such delight at this new discovery, but truthfully it was the chocolate cupcake at 10am that really got the biggest smile from him!





After a couple of poses, and one million times of him asking "Please can I have my cupcake now?", we gave in to the tiny charmer. 

"Okay, I'm about to take the cover off this thing..."
"Yup, I'm really going for this now..."
"Ooooohhhhhhhmmmmmmmnnnnnnn"
"Why don't you all have cupcakes? Actually, too bad for you!"




Oh my sweet Harry, would you please just stay this age forever? His mop-top curls, the dimples on his hands, the cheesiest, happiest grin you could ever imagine, and especially the way he gives kisses and cuddles as if it's his favourite thing to do. I want to remember every precious detail of this little Harry doll, as we enjoy the last few days of him being a one year old. I've got to go give him another snuggle... ;)x

8 comments:

  1. Great photo shoot! And he is sooo precious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I agree with your precious comment 100%!!!! :)

      Delete
  2. I have to say Erin the scenery is beautiful, the story is captivating, the child is handsome, wonderful job on the post! May you have just as many hugs and kisses after he turns 2!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for the kind words!!! Our Harry really is something special <3

      Delete
  3. Such a beautifully written end to his first year. Brought tears to my eyes. May Sir Harry have a wonderful and exciting second year of life in discovering the hills of Ireland and exciting trips to Rhode Island home of his gramma, auntie gabe and uncle Jim.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The more adventures Harry has, the more blog posts you'll get to read here ;) Thanks again for reading along! Love the support x

      Delete
  4. These pictures are so beautiful!!!!!! I love the teepee! It's still up! If it ever stops raining I may just stop by with grace! :D you guys are so creative it came out so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do go, you must take lots of pics to share!!!! Thanks again for all your support x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...